Financial Aid FAQs

The financial aid FAQs will answer most of the common questions that students have as they explore the funds available for their college education. For additional questions regarding financial aid, please contact the site director or SEU’s financial aid counselors.

Students at SEU extension sites and regional campuses may be eligible for federal financial aid, including grants and loans. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see what they may qualify for. SEU academic scholarships are not available to extension site/regional campus students.

The FAFSA can be completed on www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will first need to ensure you have an FSA ID in order to complete the FAFSA.  You will use that same FSA ID annually when you complete the application.  The FAFSA is available October 1st of each year for the upcoming award year.  You must enter SEU’s FAFSA school code: 001521. View video tutorials.

Please visit seu.edu/verify to complete the necessary process.

Students are required to be enrolled at least half time in order to receive Federal student loans for that 16 week semester.  Half-time enrollment is determined by your degree program.  Most undergraduate level programs at SEU require 6 credit hours over the course of the full semester in order to be considered half time.  Federal Pell Grant funds are prorated based on enrollment and do not require a particular amount of credits to qualify, but eligibility does depend on your FAFSA application.  Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG) funds do require full time enrollment of at least 12 hours per semester in addition to meeting the residency and academic requirements.  

Before students can receive personalized financial aid award information, they must complete the SEU admission process and the FAFSA. Once the FAFSA has been received and you have completed the Admission process, the Student Financial Services Office will email you your personalized award notification.  In order to view personalized financial aid info, students must log in to Net Partner to check their status and complete any additional required documents. If it’s your first time logging in, you’ll need to choose “First Time User,” and then use your student ID to set up your PIN. Otherwise, use your PIN to sign in and explore your financial aid information. View video tutorials.

Financial aid is provided primarily to cover tuition and fee costs charged by Southeastern University. However, it may also be used to cover additional program expenses included in your Cost of Attendance (COA) such as books, supplies, transportation, and living expenses.

In order for loan funds to disburse, Student Financial Services must first confirm all documents have been completed and half-time enrollment has been confirmed by faculty through the Office of the Registrar for each semester.  Depending on your schedule, this may cause disbursement times to vary by student.  

As an example, a student who is enrolled in 3 credit hours in Term A and 3 credit hours in Term B (with half-time enrollment being defined as 6 credit hours) would not have their loan funds disburse until after enrollment for the Term B course has been confirmed.  However, a student who is in 6 credits all in Term A would be eligible for loan funds to disburse after enrollment has been confirmed in Term A.

Federal Pell Grant funds are not disbursed until after enrollment in the 2nd term for each semester has been confirmed and the amount of Federal Pell Grant funds can be determined for disbursement. All required documents must first be submitted.

Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG) funds are not disbursed until after full-time enrollment in the 2nd term for each semester has been confirmed and all required documents have been submitted.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the varied disbursement times for various funds, multiple refund checks may be required to be issued or may not create a credit balance or a refund on your student account until AFTER enrollment confirmation in the 2nd term each semester.  You may need to plan ahead for expenses such as rent, transportation, and child care until the financial aid disbursement occurs.

Disbursement Examples:

  1. Suppose that Renee is a full-time extension site student enrolled in 12 credit hours for the fall semester: 6 hours in Term A and 6 hours in Term B. She has been awarded a Federal Unsubsidized loan, the FRAG, and Federal Pell Grant funds. The Federal Unsubsidized loan would disburse AFTER enrollment has been confirmed for Term A because she will reach half-time enrollment at that point in the semester. The Federal Pell Grant funds and FRAG funds would then both be disbursed AFTER enrollment is confirmed for Term B and thus may not end up creating a credit balance until that time.
  2. Victor is a part-time extension site student enrolled in 6 credit hours for the fall semester: 3 hours in Term A and 3 hours in Term B. He has been awarded a Federal Unsubsidized loan and Federal Pell Grant funds. The loan will disburse AFTER enrollment has been confirmed for Term B because he will reach half-time enrollment at that point in the semester. The Federal Pell Grant funds would then be disbursed AFTER enrollment is confirmed for Term B and thus may not end up creating a credit balance until that time.

Note that the typical disbursement timeframe is 1-2 weeks after the end of the add/drop period or start of each term to allow for enrollment confirmation from faculty and the Office of the Registrar.   

The Student Information Sheet (SIS) helps determine a student’s eligibility for financial aid awards. It must be completed EACH YEAR. To access the form, log in to Net Partner and then click on the link under “Apply Online”. View video tutorials.

The annual tuition for the standard program (including the practicum) can be found at http://partners.seu.edu/admission/ (select a specific site at the bottom of the page). For evening, online, or graduate tuition information, contact the site director. Please make sure to contact the site director about any additional costs associated with the site’s programs.

Monthly payment plans (interest free) are available through Tuition Management Systems. For more details about payment plans, visit seu.afford.com. Payment plans do require a small enrollment fee of $70 annually or $50 for a single semester option.

You will need to first ensure you have filed your FAFSA.  The SEU Office of Student Financial Services will then notify you of your financial aid eligibility, including your student loan options.  If you wish to accept those loans, you will need to visit www.studentloans.gov, sign in with your FSA ID, and complete the loan entrance counseling session and e-sign the master promissory note (MPN).

If additional funding is still needed, the parent of a dependent student may choose to apply for a Federal Parent PLUS loan.  The parent will need to sign in at studentloans.gov with their parent FSA ID and complete the PLUS application process. If the parent’s credit is approved, they must then also complete the PLUS entrance counseling and master promissory note (PLUS MPN).  If denied, there may be additional student loan funding available to the student as a result.

The interest rate depends on many factors, including the type of loan. Federal interest rate information can be found at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans/interest-rates.

This depends on the amount of your loan, its interest rate, and the type of repayment plan selected. You may use this tool to help estimate repayment details: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/mobile/repayment/repaymentEstimator.action.

Students who have enough financial aid to cover the cost of tuition and fees with remaining funds for books may choose to purchase books online from the SEU bookstore.  Before submitting a Fire Card Transfer request, you must FIRST complete all required financial aid and admission documents.  The Fire Card Transfer form can be accessed by logging into your MySEU account. If you prefer to purchase books off campus, you will need to wait for your credit balance/refund (if applicable) in order to cover those expenses.